Finance Minister Sri. Arun Jaitely announcement Today for giving incentive to do cashless transactions as under:
1) For those using cards and e-wallets, Petrol and Diesel purchases will now attract a 0.75% discount.
2) The government will provide 2 POS or Point of Sale machines for free to each village that has a population of over 8,000.
3) Railways to give 5% discount on catering, retiring room on payment by digital mode
4) All railway passengers who buy tickets online get free accident insurance cover worth Rs 10 lakh
5) Monthly and seasonal tickets for suburban railways to offer 0.5% disc on digital payments
7) Public Sector Banks will ensure that merchants don't need to pay more than Rs. 100 per month as monthly rental for PoS terminals
8) Digital transactions of up to Rs 2,000 will be exempted from service tax
9) Highway toll will see 10% discount on digital payments
10) NABARD will give Rupay card to people who have Kisan Credit Card
All decisions to be implemented with immediate effect.